NetEnt is one of the biggest names in gaming development consistently producing slots of the highest order. The Swedish developer’s catalogue is impressive and they continue to innovate with beautifully designed slots. The NetEnt roadmap is always a list brimming with exciting new NetEnt slots.
There are many fervent NetEnt enthusiasts out there and the dedicated NetEnt fan websites you will encounter are proof of this. NetEnt have already released some cracking slots in 2018 such as Universal Monsters: The Phantom’s Curse and Twin Spin Deluxe.
As the year progresses, many other NetEnt slots are set for release, with some very exciting prospects on the cards! In this article we will have a look at the roadmap for NetEnt over the coming months of 2018 including the new slots NetEnt have in store for us.
New NetEnt Slots
This slot was released just this week, and certainly warrants some attention. Archangels plays on the theme of the classic good vs evil. The slot is split with a Heaven hotspot which is located in the top two rows and the Hell hotspot, which is found in the bottom two rows. The RTP of this exciting new slot is 96.1%.
Archangels highlights some possible changes in the structure of NetEnt slots. The 6×12 grid is immediately apparent with 100 betlines in action, making Archangels the first NetEnt slot to have such features.
Some features of Archangels:
- If a 2×2 Wild hits in a hotspot, that Wild feature is triggered
- Either 4 single wilds or one stack of Wilds is activated for each Wild symbol in the hotspot area
- The Free Spins feature will be triggered when three or more scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels, with 10 to 25 of them to be won depending on the amount of scatter symbols
- The Wild features can also be triggered during the Free Spins which can result in some very profitable wins
- Devil and Angel symbols also appear during the basic gameplay at random, and they bring with them the possibility of big winnings
Archangels is a typically innovative NetEnt creation and we expect it to be an exceptionally popular slot, offered at a whole host of casinos.
On May 24th we will be treated to Lost Relics. This slot will appeal to those keen on discovery and exploration. The theme is based around the excavation of you guessed it, lost relics.
It evokes mystique and brings the atmosphere of an eclectic mix between Tomb Raider and Egyptology. Here are some basic facts about Lost Relics:
- The slot includes coin wins, cluster wins, extra wilds, extra scatters and free spins
- RTP is 96.3%
- Hit 6 or more of the same symbol to trigger a cluster win
- There is a coin win feature which will randomly trigger after a cluster win in the basic gameplay
- The extra wild feature is activated in a similar way to the coin win feature after a cluster win. 3 wild symbols hit the reels randomly, with big wins up for grabs
- The extra scatter feature involves a scatter being placed on the reels after a cluster win
- A scatter symbol on reels 1, 3 and 5 will result in 10 free spins
- Things get really tasty if you hit a cluster win during the free spins. This will reveal a hidden space behind the reels housing some hidden treasure chests. There are small, medium and large treasure chests. A chest is randomly picked from the three kinds
- If you are lucky enough to open a chest, you are rewarded with a number and combination of: Coin Win, Sticky Wild and Extra Free Spins
Lost Relics is original and packed with fantastic features. We simply cannot wait for it to hit the market next month.
Re-releasing of Witchcraft Academy and Bollywood Story
Witchcraft Academy and Bollywood Story will be released on the 11th and 14th June respectively at all NetEnt casinos. Bolloywood Story was launched two years ago at ComeOn Casino, so is not exactly a new creation. It is based on a classic Bollywood romantic love story and features enchanting graphics.
Witchcraft Academy was released in December of last year at LeoVegas. It boasts 5 reels and 20 paylines as well as bets per spin ranging from 20p up to £200 and has already garnered many favourable reviews.
Despite not being new slot releases, these slots’ re-releases remain part of NetEnt’s roadmap in the coming months.
Jumanji is a hotly anticipated slot due for release on the 21st June. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle was a massive box office success last year. On the back of this, NetEnt teamed up with the franchise.
We expect this creation to be something special, and if the trailer is anything to go by, our expectations will be correct. This slot has all the makings of an absolute classic.
French, American and European Roulette in HTML5
Don’t go thinking NetEnt are only about the slots. Indeed, their table selection is certainly not to be sniffed at, and their French, American and European roulette variations are excellent.
On the 24th May, revamped versions of their table games in HTML5 will be rolled out. This is sure to result in beautiful and crisp gameplay on any device you wish to play on.
Fairytale Legends: Mirror Mirror
In July of 2018 there will be another exciting addition to the NetEnt catalogue. Fairytale Legends: Mirror Mirror is the third instalment of this wildly popular NetEnt series.
Truthfully, we cannot know for sure what the slot will be based on, but it is a safe bet to presume it will revolve around Snow White considering the name of the slot. We also think the evil queen and the seven dwarfs will make an appearance.
The bonus features will probably involve some kind of formulation of these characters and we expect it to generally follow the gameplay of previous titles in the series.
Mirror Mirror has bags of potential and the Fairytale Legends series remains one of the most endearing NetEnt series. In June, more information will be released, so watch this space.
Vikings and Narcos
Looking into what seems like the distant future, slots based on the massively popular TV shows Vikings and Narcos will be released. We particularly look forward to the Vikings slot, which seems somewhat apt considering NetEnt’s Swedish roots.
There is no release date set for either of these slots yet, but we are confident in thinking that the wait will be worth it!